Tuesday, January 01, 2019

No New Year New Me Here!

Work was delightfully slow yesterday and I had every intention of writing out a long list of new year's resolutions. Then I decided to look up the difference between resolutions and goals, Resolutions are a firm decision to do or not to do something, a goal is the object of a persons desired ambition or effort :an aim or desired result. So since a goal involves intention setting, planning, preparing and taking realistic action my only new years resolution is to set goals for my self this year. 
I started with a small list of attainable goals with dates, then I wrote a plan of action under each one, For example lose twenty pounds by June 21, by exercising, eating healthy meals, and cutting back on dairy and sugar. I also set a couple long term goals like getting off my medication by the end of the year, my weight loss is crucial to helping me achieve this one. 
In the middle of this process Mikey walked in he made me watch some videos about manifestations and meditations, nothing new to me I've been dabbling in both for years. We had talked about it in the past but he laughed it off, so I figured he wasn't ready so I dropped the subject. Anyhow we had a long talk after wards about life, setting goals and mindset. He seems ready to change his mindset, which makes me so happy he was in a very dark place a few weeks ago. We wrote out a few goals for us as a couple and finished out our individual goal list. 
To ring in the new year we made two huge charcuterie platters, opened a bottle of wine and watched Bandersnatch.
This year I am not going to make false promises to my self I don't want to be a "new me" I like the me I am today i just want to be a better me mentally and physically I just want to be healthy. 

No comments: