Sunday, December 30, 2018

Let's have some coffee & catch up.....

I can't believe we are only a couple of days away from 2019 and everyone keeps asking if I'm ready. Ready for what???? The only thing I am ready for is all the blessing coming my way this next year.
Enough about the new year lets catch up on the last few months since I fell off the writing wagon once again.

October ended with a nice week-long visit from my bestie. I wrote a whole post about it, I even had pictures!  And I accidentally deleted it and was so upset that I didn't re-post it. Nothing bothers me more than writing a whole long post only to lose it. I actually did it twice in October, which is why its taken me so long to decide to sit down and write again.
I also thought I had made a friend, a neighbor who I hung out with a couple of times. She's the come over we'll have a coffee type. It seemed like we bonded over some issues we had in common. Then she started asking me to watch her kid for a few hours and I did. But then she started asking every Saturday night. Now I am the first to admit I don't have much of a social life but weekends are the only days I get to spend a few hours with Mikey due to our schedules. And let us not forget I work on weekends! I have to be up at 4 am. I am down to do you a favor once in a while but don't take advantage of my kindness. This misconception people have of us work from home people pisses me off. Just because I work from home doesn't mean I lay around all day. I work! My job isn't physically demanding but it's draining mentally. And on slow days I probably do more than the average person. I clean my house, do laundry,  prep and or cook lunch and/ or dinner. And she's never once offered to pay me. Which was not the issue by the way but she didn't even offer.  I am so over trying to make new friends at my age, it just seems like everyone is about what you can do for them. Bitch please, I ain't got time for those games.

November also ended with a huge surprise. On Thanksgiving, I called my mom after dinner. Dinner was again this year just me and Mikey his family is still tripping with there un-vitation. You don't invite someone you really want to have over the day before. This year his response was the best "absolutely not!" So I made a small dinner for two with all the fixings. I am learning though I did not make a whole bird, this year I made a stuffed turkey breast. I even baked a couple of mini pumpkin and apple pies." Anyhow during our conversation, my mom asked me what I had cooked, so I told her and she says oh that sounds good! Save me a plate I will come over tomorrow." I laughed and said "yeah okay mom, I will be waiting" Mind you she lives in Texas currently. So continued on saying "I am serious I will be there tomorrow, I am on my way"  This time she sounded serious and I began crying like a baby. I was happy. She didn't stay with me but I got to spend a few days with her and she even went to dinner with me and Mikey. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the year.

December was emotionally difficult and I had to make some tough choices for my own sanity. It's a process and I learned to let go a little bit at a time.
Anyway we decided to have a small Christmas, we only exchanged pj's and one gift each. We decided our goal of moving into a house next year is more important than going nuts on the holidays. Again we had dinner for two, his family went out of town. We got our un-vitation a few days before, and only because Mikey's brother had a medical emergency and we had to see them at the hospital.
Enough of that non-sense I am over that! A few days ago I got the news that my new temp position is not permanent!! There aren't enough words to describe how grateful I am!! I love my new position, no more dealing with crazy customers! Thank you Jesus!
For new years eve its going to be the usual just the two of us drinks and a charcuterie board. Dinner has not been decided yet, I am trying to talk Mikey into having my famous street tacos!

As far as new years resolutions those are being finalized and posted tomorrow ;)

No comments: