Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Life in quarantine

"In 2020 do something that scares you everyday"   That was going to be the title of my January post, who would have thought a few months later running a simple errand such as grocery shopping or walking to the mail box would qualify as such. If you are reading this and you are not in quarantine or affected by this madness please comment and include your address so I can move there asap. I unfortunately
fall into the "immunocompromised" category so my life has certainly shifted. Am I scared? most definitely . But I can't say the same for eveyone in my household. Mikey has made it very clear that if he  gets it he will be okay and thinks this is all a bunch of made-up nonsense designed to put everyone in a panicked state. If I haven't mentioned this before he is big into conspiracy theories and while most of the time I don't disagree with a good conspiracy theory this is most definitely a different scenario. It's most definitely a reboot and or reset in our matrix and the world as we once knew it will never be the same. I wanted to take this time to reboot myself, learn and grow from this experience. Come out to a better person. But sadly his actions have made me look at him in a different light and unless he mysteriously wakes up one day a changed man, we might not make it through this quarantine.
We haven't spoken in a week, because last week he decided to party with his friends was more important than my health and well being. I am sure some people will disagree and think I'm being overdramatic, and to those people, I say put yourself in my shoes. Imagine the one person who is supposed to love you and protect decides that he's willing to risk your life so he can go out and hang out with his friends. How would you feel? Would you be so quick to forgive him?
I know it's not the time to be angry and this whole situation makes for a hellish quarantine but sometimes you have to stand your ground, especially when it's your life that's at risk. 

No comments: