Sunday, May 17, 2020

Day #456 Life in Quarantine

Let's be real... My life hasn't changed too much since the lockdown but when you're told you can't do something that's when you want it the most. I still work from home but before the quarantine, I started going out a bit more and I even had a couple friends. Now I still work from home but those newly formed friendships fizzled out and now Mikey is working from home but after the thirteen days of hellish quarantine, he did eventually see the error of his ways and has changed for the better. Meaning? He is taking this whole situation a bit more seriously. Plus my stubborn behind finally realized he's no a mind reader, who knew you had to tell people what you're thinking and feeling. I didn't, well I did but growing up in a Mexican family you learn pretty quickly that having feelings and expressing your opinion isn't a good idea unless you want to be labeled week and well your thoughts/opinions don't even matter so it's pointless. I really need therapy and I have been but that's another story for another day.
After a long search, I finally found a decently priced car so we are no longer a one-car household. The only problem is we are still under quarantine and we don't have a set date to reopen, which in all honestly I don't have a problem with I will continue my self imposed quarantine for the rest of the year. But I do miss my walks to Target and Homegoods, and I have gone into target a few times to get essentials but it's not the same. 
At work we are being forced to use our time off so I'm taking this next week off and I have major plans to deep clean, declutter, and re-organize my closets, bedroom, living room, patio, hallway, and kitchen and I am so excited! I don't know why I am this way and why cleaning makes me so happy I must have been born with some mutant must clean/organize gene. Wish me luck  & stay safe. 

No comments: