Thursday, March 26, 2015

An example of procrastination at its finest.....

My headache finally left yesterday, it was so stubborn and annoyingly persistent that I assigned it a gender and gave it a name, Sonny Herrera. The only time he left me alone in the past seven days was during my nice long soak on Sunday night. I lit a few candles, filled up the tub, dropped my Lush butter ball bath bomb and turned up the ipod. It was so relaxing I lost complete track of time, I laid there for a couple of hours singing songs from the Rocky Horror Picture Show and Journey. The bath bomb smelled amazing and it left my skin so soft, I must try more. I made a short... well not really its a long list of the ones I want to try next. I can't wait! The shampoo bar was also amazing it has a lemony citrus smell and it lathers up so nicely. It left my hair so soft and shiny. The jungle bar conditioner was a bit disappointing, it smells great but its difficult to use. It does not lather up and big chunks got stuck in my hair. Although I wasn't too impressed with it I am willing to give it another chance when I have the time to sit and try different application techniques.

Anyhow I am so bummed I haven't been able to exercise these last few days. Yesterday in the middle of running errands Mikey took me for a walk in the cutest little park in the middle of the city. I was glad to be feeling better, other wise I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. I have lived here a few years but I still feel like a tourist, discovering all these hidden little gems this city has to offer. I need to get out more...
Speaking of getting out we are finally going on a mini vacation, I am so excited. Today is my Friday and instead of packing I am blogging...talk about procrastination at its finest. Shoot and I missed mani pedi Monday this week!  I have so much to do, the only good thing is dinner is done man! Since my start times got pushed back to eight o'clock all week I've been getting up and prepping a bit and letting  my crock-pot do all the cooking. It has to be the best invention of all time! I regret not pulling out of the pantry sooner, like years ago when I had children living with me. It would have made my life ten times easier. Live and learn , que no?  Well Mikey bought one for me a year ago from William Somoma  and before this week I had only used it once for our little Christmas get together. I made frijoles charros, a traditional Mexican bean dish. It's named after the traditional Mexican horsemen. It has a little bit of everything in it. And since I ran out of pots I pulled out the crock-pot  threw everything in and let them sit there and soak up all that yummy chicharron (pork skin) . So this week I made red posole ( Mexican stew), smothered pork chops with egg noodles, and garlic oregano lemon chicken with veggies and brown rice. All in the crock pot! Yes I am way too eggcited but I am a sucker for anything that makes life just a bit easier. And the best part of the one I have is that you can pull out the insert and sear in it on the stove top. I recall having one in a past life that I wasn't to into because you had to sear the meat in one pan and veggies in another.. blah blah blah too much work. Thank goodness for modern cooking appliances!
Okay I need to stop if I don't I am going to end up on Pintrest and or YouTube searching for recipe ideas and I need to pack, do my nails and straighten out the house, no one likes to come home to a messy house after a vacation. Au revoir ......

No comments: