Friday, December 23, 2016

And the count down begins. ....

The dreaded day before Christmas! I am glad at least the sun is somewhat out today I need to go pick up most of my ingredients for my Mexican feast. Why did I wait until the day before Christmas you ask? Good question.... Well, the masa, for example, I want to be fresh it gets hard and dry if you buy it too far in advance. And well that goes for my meat too I like the ingredients to be as fresh as possible. With that being said I am sitting here anxiously waiting for this workday to be over so I can go to the Mexican market I really love that place it's huge and it has everything you could want from the motherland! When you walk in the door you are greeted with the wonderful aromas that take you back to your childhood, just like walking into grandmas kitchen. It feels like home and the first thing I do when I walk in is going to the food stand and buy the largest cup of champurrado then its off to find all the things I need. The masa is produced inhouse you can see and smell the fresh tortillas, and the bakery oh that bakery fully stocked with all the pan dulce, flan and tres leches cakes I only dream about these days. Okay, I am starting to drool now and I am getting anxious. Usually, on slow days like today, I put in my VTO so I can get off and get an early start on my to-do list. But it seems pointless I'm getting a lot done and working at the same time, so why not wait it out and get paid right? RIGHT! So, so far I put on my Shea butter mask tweezed and groomed my eyebrows and freshened up my mani. Next, I will clean and rearrange my desk I feel like its time for a change for the new year. Maybe... I kind of like the way it is so thetas still a maybe. Defiantly need to clean the kitchen and soak my corn husks and dried chilies, after they are cleaned de-seeded that is. Then I need to clean up the rest of the apartment and do a load or two of laundry. OH!OH And my mini pies I need to prep for those too!

No comments: