Friday, January 13, 2017

Merry New Year!

Well I  started out the year with the best of intentions but like I always say " life is what happens while  you are busy making other plans"  PS If you know who's quote that is you get ten points and a cookie.
New Years was nice and quiet  the usual plenty food and drinks for just the two of us of course. I began working out again and  eating better  when bam I caught a cold. Kicked my ass for a few days I am such a wuss. I recovered and double bam Mikey gets sick! His was more like the flu what ever he had really  kicked his ass, well more like knocked him on his ass. Yes guys do act like they are dying when all they have is just a little cold, but Mikey had high fevers, chills, body aches, sore throat the whole nine and then some. And just when you think things couldn't get worse he gets news his sister passed away. The dreaded "C" word,apparently she had been sick for a while but she didn't want anyone to know. So it came as a complete shock, she was only 42. We attended her viewing this past Wednesday , and if if that wasn't enough to deal with Mikey had to deal with family he hasn't spoken to in months. Needless to say it was a tough day, Mikey felt horrible physically and emotionally. Oh and yes it gets better we had a birthday party to attend that evening with more family members he has issues with. I felt like a child caught in the middle, so awkward! Silence filled the room for a good thirty minutes until the drinks started flowing and everyone loosened up a bit thankfully. Lots of forced smiles and zero content conversations, I just wanted to go home hop in bed and pull the covers over my head! Mikey is now feeling much better and I have lots to keep me busy my clean little apartment fell apart after the new year began. It's a lot of work taking care of a sick patient especially if its a man ;) They require a lot more attention! 

So before I fell ill, I started the Apartment Therapy January Cure . So far Ive completed two out of ten assignments. I really need to catch up, I totally fell so far behind! But today I wrote down all the ones I missed and the plan for the weekend is to catch up! In a weird way its fun! No really it is especially if you participate via the comments section. You can vent, brag about your accomplishments, and find a bit of that encouragement you so desperately crave when you feel like giving up. 
I also have homemade won-tons in the freezer that need to turn into soup and and a few brown bananas that need to magically turn into a yummy loaf of banana bread this weekend! Boy after all this writing I suddenly feel like getting started on my to do list, who care if its 10:30 pm. I have some energy to burn! burn baby! burn!

No comments: