Saturday, July 07, 2018

Readjusting.. The new normal...

Where has the time gone it's July and only less than six months away from Christmas!!!!
I have obviously strayed yet again from my writing no excuses moving on. I am all over the place today so it's going to be a messy post sorry in advance.
So our work schedules are driving me crazy. I have been on forced overtime and Mikey works nights now, so until he's up I really can't clean. I am on a mission to find a schedule where I don't have to spend all my afternoon's cleaning, the last thing I want to do is clean after working ten hours and then cook dinner for that day and lunch for the following day for Mikey. I'm left with no time to do anything else. I want one day to clean and then I can just tidy up until my cleaning day like I used to do but I can't seem to get back on track. For example, today its already five o'clock half the day is gone and I have so much to do. My place is pretty clean but I feel like I need to do a good deep clean and then I can move on to having one cleaning day a week. That last statement sounds so crazy right?! Why am I so neurotic?!!
So I made this room by room list, I am starting in the kitchen. Clean and organize the refrigerator, pantry, and cupboards. Wipe down the appliances and cabinets. Clean and declutter the countertops. Sweep and mop the floor. The office and the living room just need a quick tidying up, dusting, and vacuuming. The patio needs to be dusted and swept. The bedroom needs to be dusted, vacuumed and the linen changed. Bathroom needs to be cleaned and the mats washed.  Let's see how much I can get done today. I am putting my self on a social media time out to see how long it takes me to get it all done. 5:30pm The clock begins now!!

No comments: