Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday what is funday?

Do you ever have one of those mornings where you wake up and your soul hurts? I am starting to think I do spend too much time on social media staring at pictures of people who look happy surrounded by friends and family. It's almost near impossible to stay off social media in this day and age. My 86 year old mother is on Facebook for goodness sake! A woman who swore she would never participate in such a time-sucking foolish past time spends her time trolling and posting videos of dancing frogs. I gave up Facebook a long time ago, of course, it's only deactivated I don't want to lose some memories and pictures, a lie I tell my self so I can go in every once in a while to see what my "friends" are up to. I use the term friends lightly, I don't have friends. Even my best friend who knows I have been in a rough place hasn't checked in on me in months. My Instagram circle is small but full of influencers who I know in the back of my mind don't live these perfect lives but still, manage to depress the hell out of me on Friday & Saturday nights when I find my self alone because I have to "work so I can't go out". Part of my frustration today is that I had plans, or should I say we had plans but I was quickly shoved aside when something else came up. Then, of course, Saturday comes around and there's a park day that I was once again left out of because "I have to work"well its 7:20 am and  I guess it was lit because he is still not home. Now today whenever he chooses to show up he is going to want to hang out when he wakes up that is, so I am going to try to make some other plans with my self which sounds sad but hey what else can I do I really don't want to sit around mopping looking bitter AF. To top it off I think that Aunt Flow is rearing her ugly mug, I am oversensitive and angry at the same time! I am thinking I might go catch a movie, stroll around Ikea for hours and eat some yummy ass food, that without a doubt seems like a good day to me.
For anyone reading this, don't feel sorry for me I have been alone all my life so I am pretty used to it, going to a movie or dining out alone doesn't bother me one bit, but it does seem to make other pretty uncomfortable. Being an only child with a much older brother has made me pretty independent and strong. But being that I am in a relationship it would be nice if we did stuff together once in a while you know?  It would be nice to have a considerate partner who took my feelings into account for once.
Rant over, for now, I have a long to-do list for the rest of the morning while I work, so far its been slow so I should get a lot done which makes me somewhat happy.

No comments: